Interior lighting is essential for any home. They allow to bring lighting and decorate the decor of each room. For this, it should be well chosen to fit the room. To help you, discover our practical guide to choose your interior lighting.
An interior light, as its name suggests, is a lamp designed to illuminate the interior of a home. The latter can however be a house, an apartment or a studio. In addition, interior lighting also contributes to the decoration of a room: living room, dining room, kitchen, bedroom and bathroom. They bring elegance to the room while highlighting a defined style: vintage, rustic, Scandinavian, design, contemporary.
Thus, chandeliers come in several models depending on their style and the type of lighting you want to have:
- The wall sconces and spotlights, characterized by soft and soothing lighting, are perfect for the living room and the bedroom.
- The ceiling lights are perfectly adapted to illuminate the dining table.
- Suspended from the ceiling, they are generally equipped with a larger light and thus allow to properly illuminate the main room of the dining room.
- Table lamps are suitable for the living room as well as the bedroom. In this case, opt for lampshades and night lights with warm shades.
- Recessed fluocompact downlights, very economical, are perfect for delicately lighting the bathroom and some parts of the kitchen and office.
- The street lamps and reading lights will do well in the living room to bring a warm and cozy atmosphere. The halogen lamps are also perfect to illuminate the entire dining room.
- The suspensions and chandeliers are ideal for lighting the entrance and the bar of the kitchen.
- LED lights are to be adopted in the room, especially if you read. They allow for this purpose to better direct the light.
How to choose ?
To choose your interior lighting, there are a number of points that you need to consider. Among this, your tastes take precedence. However, you should also be interested in the type of lighting, the space available in your room and also your budget.
Type of lighting
At each piece the type of lighting adapted to its use. For the living room and the bed, a relaxing light is recommended. Ideally, consider installing your lighting fixture behind the television for better eye comfort. Intense lighting is however highly recommended for the office, the kitchen worktop and the dining table.
The size of your room must also be taken into account when choosing your interior lighting. It is obvious that a luminaire too imposing will not do the job in a room too small or heavy enough, and vice versa. So, consider measuring the available space in each of your rooms.
Interior lighting is suitable for all budgets. Prices can range from a few hundred to a few thousand. For this, you must define yours to better guide your choices.
Study consumption before buying
Now in the era where energy saving becomes an inevitable subject of everyday household, it is important to take into account when choosing your indoor lighting. For this, it is advisable to opt for halogen bulbs which are quite economical and offer performance of choice in terms of lighting.